SCHOOL WORLD  - NEWS
  • Home
  • EDUNEWS
  • EDUVLOG
  • EDUTECH
  • SCIENCE
  • BUSINESS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • WORLD
  • EDUTAINMENT
  • RADIO
  • CONTACT US
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • EDUNEWS
  • EDUVLOG
  • EDUTECH
  • SCIENCE
  • BUSINESS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • WORLD
  • EDUTAINMENT
  • RADIO
  • CONTACT US
No Result
View All Result
SCHOOL WORLD  - NEWS
No Result
View All Result
Home world

Donald Trump makes bombshell statement after phone call with Andy Burnham | UK | News

SchoolWorldMedia by SchoolWorldMedia
August 17, 2026
in world
0
Donald Trump makes bombshell statement after phone call with Andy Burnham | UK | News
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


US President Donald Trump has issued an update after a phone call with Andy Burnham. Mr Trump said he had a “good conversation” with the Prime Minister and said he expects the Labour leader to approve new drilling in the North Sea.

“That will make the UK pretty rich, I’ll tell you,” Mr Trump said to reporters in the Oval Office. He said the UK has an “energy problem” but approving new projects would “solve” this. The President said that would be “a big thing”, before adding: “That would make [the] UK rich. If you open up the North Sea, it’s one of the great finds anywhere in the world.”

It is unclear whether Mr Trump, who returned to the White House last year with a pledge to “drill, baby, drill”, was referring to a new conversation or not.

The leaders spoke over the phone on Mr Burnham’s first day as PM last month.

Mr Trump said Mr Burnham had told him he would “open up the North Sea” in the call.

However, Mr Burnham said he told the American President he would take a “pragmatic approach” to oil and gas drilling.

Mr Trump’s latest comments come as the oil and gas industry urges the Government to approve two controversial North Sea projects.

Reports suggest Mr Burnham is leaning towards approving the Jackdaw development.

The decision to go ahead with the gas field, east of Aberdeen, and the Rosebank oil field, north-west of Shetland, is now in the hands of ministers after consultations on the projects closed.

Supporters have argued the projects would have major economic benefits, protect jobs and slash energy bills.

While environmental activists are concerned of the impact the new fossil fuel extraction would have on climate change.

On Monday, a spokesperson for the UK Department of Energy Security and Net Zero said: “The North Sea remains a vital national asset, supporting jobs, growth and the UK’s energy security.

“We are clear that oil and gas will continue to play an important role in our energy system for decades to come, alongside transitioning to clean power to protect jobs and tackle the climate crisis.”



Source link

Previous Post

The Secrets To Lessons Students Love Smart Classroom Management

Next Post

Buss family sells Lakers stake, ending an era for one of NBA’s marquee franchises

SchoolWorldMedia

SchoolWorldMedia

Next Post
Buss family sells Lakers stake, ending an era for one of NBA’s marquee franchises

Buss family sells Lakers stake, ending an era for one of NBA's marquee franchises

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

Buss family sells Lakers stake, ending an era for one of NBA’s marquee franchises

Buss family sells Lakers stake, ending an era for one of NBA’s marquee franchises

August 17, 2026
Donald Trump makes bombshell statement after phone call with Andy Burnham | UK | News

Donald Trump makes bombshell statement after phone call with Andy Burnham | UK | News

August 17, 2026
The Secrets To Lessons Students Love Smart Classroom Management

The Secrets To Lessons Students Love Smart Classroom Management

August 17, 2026
If Meta loses this trial, Instagram and Facebook could change forever

If Meta loses this trial, Instagram and Facebook could change forever

August 17, 2026
Follow Us:

Browse by Category

Business
Edunews
Edutainment
Eduvlog
Election
Health

Science
Sports
Technology
World

Recent News

Buss family sells Lakers stake, ending an era for one of NBA’s marquee franchises

Buss family sells Lakers stake, ending an era for one of NBA’s marquee franchises

by SchoolWorldMedia
August 17, 2026
0

Donald Trump makes bombshell statement after phone call with Andy Burnham | UK | News

Donald Trump makes bombshell statement after phone call with Andy Burnham | UK | News

by SchoolWorldMedia
August 17, 2026
0

@ 2023 – All Rights Reserved by > SchoolWorldMedia.com | Privacy policy

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • EDUNEWS
  • EDUVLOG
  • EDUTECH
  • SCIENCE
  • BUSINESS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • WORLD
  • EDUTAINMENT
  • RADIO
  • CONTACT US

© 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.